This Brownie Batter Hummus dip will easily be your kids favorite snack! You can serve it with fruit or pretzels and you have a great healthy kid snack!
My sister Laura has always loved cooking and baking! Everyone in my family is always asking her for recipes or ideas on how to eat healthier. She is always coming up with fun new healthy recipes and since she has such great ideas I thought it would be fun to collaborate with her! I’m excited to have her share some of her favorite healthy kid snack recipes on my blog.
Healthy Kid Snack: Brownie Batter Hummus
It can be hard to find healthy snacks that your kids love. This is one snack you won’t have to convince your kids to take a bite of. It really taste like a brownie batter and you would never guess its hummus. You can add some maple syrup or honey to sweeten it as much as you like.
You can serve this hummus dip with fruit, graham crackers, pretzels, celery sticks, etc. This can be a great way to get your kids to eat fruits and veggies. You can try different foods to serve it with and see what your kid likes best!
This snack is super easy to make which is why I always use it. You throw all the ingredients into your food processor and puree it. You can use the hummus dip right away or store in a tight container in the fridge to eat later.
How to make Brownie Batter Hummus
You will need a food processor
Add 1 can of Garbanzo Beans rinsed
Add ½ cup cocoa Powder
Add 5-10 pitted dates (You could soak them in hot water for a few minutes to soften up if desired)
Add ½ cup of Unsweetened Applesauce
Add ½ cup Unsweetened organic peanut Butter
Add 1 tsp vanilla
Add ½ tsp Salt
Add 3 tbsp water (or more if needed)
Optional: add 1 tspb of honey or maples syrup if you need it sweeter)
Optional: 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
Puree all of the ingredients together in the food processor to desired consistency
Don’t forget to pin this healthy kid snack to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
- 1 can Garbanzo Beans rinsed
- ½ cup cocoa Powder
- 5-10 pitted dates (could soak in hot water for a few minutes to soften up if desired)
- ½ c Unsweetened Applesauce
- ½ cup Unsweetened organic peanut Butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp water (or more if needed)
- Optional: add 1 tsp of honey or maples syrup if you need it sweeter)
- Optional: 1/4 cup Mini chocolate chips
1. Puree all the ingredients together except chocolate chips in your food processor. You can serve right away or store in a tight container in your fridge to eat later. Totally optional, but you can sprinkle chocolate chips on top of it at the end.